We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on the Website. Should we make a material change to the type of information or manner in which we collect, use or store your Information, we shall provide prior notice on the Website or by email.
Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the Services, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Certain sensitive information including, but not limited to, your bank account number, bank routing number, date of birth, social security number, bankruptcy case number and district and the name of your attorney (if applicable);
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how and to whom you use the Service to send money;
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services;
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address;
- Information as to the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service;
How We Collect Information
TFS gathers information and data from you in various ways:
- When you register with the Website on-line;
- By our use of “cookies” (as discussed in the following section);
- During the course of your use of the Website; and
- During your transactions facilitated by TFS.
We may use persistent and/or session "cookies" to track your use of this Website. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire. Session, or transient, cookies do not stay on your computer after you close your browser to conclude your current session.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored in the browser's memory. Cookies can contain a variety of information relating to your use of a website and your requirements or interests. This may range from a simple count of how often you visit a website to information which allows customization of a website for your use.
TFS may use these cookies to customize the Website, to identify you as an authorized user, and to display information more effectively to our users. TFS also may use these cookies to gather data and information about the usage of the Website.
Why We Collect Information
We collect your Information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions;
- To verify your identity;
- To collect payment for your use of the Service;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those relating to "know-your-customer", and anti-money laundering requirements;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service;
- To send you notices and Service updates.
We will retain your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. This will usually be for the duration of your Chapter 13 case but may also be for a longer period of time. If you wish to cancel your account please contact us at Nationwide TFS, LLC., 500 North Broadway, Suite 240, Jericho, NY 11753 Tel: 888-PAY-CH13, Email: email@example.com, or visit our contact page
How We Share Information with Others
TFS does not sell or rent your Information. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- The Chapter 13 Trustee in your bankruptcy case, including members of his or her office;
- Third-party service providers under contract with TFS that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing;
- Third-parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, but only when you elect to participate, and/or to receive information about those additional products and services;
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on the Website;
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss or report suspected illegal activity.
Your Access To Your Information
You have the right to access personal data that TFS holds about you, and to request that we modify, amend, correct, or erase any personal data that is incomplete, inaccurate, outdated or not used in accordance with applicable laws. TFS reserves the right to verify to our reasonable satisfaction the accuracy and completeness of any requested modifications or amendments.
You can access, modify or update your personal information submitted on the Website by logging in and clicking the "my account" option.
We employ industry accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our Site. We have put in place Comodo SSL with 128/256 bit encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on the Website. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access their information on the Website.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Furthermore, regular Internet e-mail is not secure. When TFS provides Internet e-mail addresses, you should use them to provide information that is non-sensitive and non-confidential. We ask that you do not provide personal or account information through e-mail.
Storage of Data and Use by Service Providers
We maintain secure servers on Heroku.com in order to provide the Services. Such servers are currently located in the United States but may later be located in other parts of the world, including jurisdictions that may not have the same data protection and banking secrecy requirements as those in your jurisdiction. We may use information technology and other subcontractors to provide storage and other services to us (including contingency, back up, and other information technology support services). Your use of the Website signifies your authorization and agreement that we may disclose all Information now or hereafter received or possessed by us to third parties who work for us in order to facilitate transactions and/or our provision of the Services to you. cAny third party engaged to provide these services will be required to act solely on our instructions in relation to the treatment of your Information and will agree to keep the Information secure and confidential.
Choices You Can Make About TFS's Use of Your Information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing and your Information is only used to facilitate provision of the Services, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
- If, after giving us your attorney's information, you decide you no longer want to share this information, you may contact us at Nationwide TFS, LLC., 26 Court Street, Suite 1002, Brooklyn, NY 11242, Tel: 888-PAY-CH13, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact page
Linking To Other Sites
We may provide links to other companies. If you choose to link to websites not controlled by TFS, we are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, or for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability or quality of their information, products or services. If you are asked to provide information on one of these websites we strongly urge you first to study carefully their privacy policies.
While TFS works to protect your privacy, you also play an important role in protecting and maintaining any personal information you may share online.
To help safeguard your Information, we suggest the following:
- Please keep us informed of changes to your contact information or other details by contacting us as soon as you become aware of changes to this information;
- Do not share your ID or password with anyone.
- Change your password regularly.
- Remember to sign off the Website once you have submitted a request for a product or service online, or completed a secure online session.
- Only provide your user ID when your browser indicates an encrypted connection, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), directly to the Website or to another site you have investigated and fully trust.
- Beware of email security. Please see the comments set out above.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at: Nationwide TFS, LLC., 500 North Broadway, Suite 240, Jericho, NY 11753 Tel: 888-PAY-CH13, Email: email@example.com, or visit our contact page